- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
Lariat Reading List Suggestion Form
Suggest a title for the next Lariat Reading List of recommended adult fiction. Suggestions may be made by any interested reader and must be submitted by XXXX. Books must have a copyright date of 2016 to qualify for the 2017 list.
The following criteria will be used to determine and create the top 25 list of winning titles:
1. A book may be selected for at least one, and preferably more than one, of the following reasons:
- • It is a pleasure to read.
• It embodies the standards of its genre or subject, or conversely, it offers a new or unexpected take on those standards.
• It is well conceived in terms of story line, character, setting, language, dialogue, tone, pace, detail, description, learning/experiencing, and narrative structure.
2. Books will not be excluded on the basis of their unsuitability for younger readers. Books intended for a younger audience but which hold wide appeal for adults and meet the selection criteria may also be considered.
Created on Sep 22, 2010 | Last updated February 14, 2016