- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
Texas Bluebonnet Award Suggestion Form
Suggest a title for the next Bluebonnet Master List!
Suggestions may be made by students, librarians, parents, teachers, or any interested person. Use of this form is not required. Titles may be recommended by emailing the appropriate information to the TBA coordinator. Suggestions for the 2017-18 Master List must be sent by July 15, 2017.
• Books must have a copyright date of 2014, 2015, or 2016.
• The book must have been published in the U.S. and written by a living U.S. citizen or a current resident.
• The book must have received a favorable review in one of the following review tools: Booklist, School Library Journal, Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, Hornbook, or Kirkus.
• The book must have literary merit and potential appeal to young readers.
• The content of the book must be relevant to children in grades 3, 4, 5, or 6.
• Ineligible categories of materials are textbooks and new editions of existing titles.
• Portions, such as poems & short stories, may have been published previously, but the entire book must not have been.
Created on May 24, 2010 | Last updated August 28, 2016