- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
TLA's Branding Iron Awards
About the Award
TLA's Branding Iron Awards honor the creative work libraries do to promote their programs, resources, and events. Awards are presented in several categories, with one best of show prize announced at the TLA Annual Conference.
ATTN: Texas Branding Iron Awards
3355 Bee Cave Road, Ste. 401
Austin, TX 78746
The deadline for submission is February 15 each year. If the 15th lands on a weekend, then the deadline is 5 pm the following Monday.
Julie Todaro (left) presented Austin ISD librarian Sara Stevenson the top award
All entries are required to include a cover letter. Letters must:
- be signed by an administrator of the library, organization, or group;
- describe the campaign, materials, or promotion in 100 words or less;
- include the name; phone number, and email of a contact person; and
- specify the category for which the entry is submitted.
Eligible period and supporting materials: Entries may cover promotional activities conducted in the past two years. All entries and supporting materials will remain with TLA. The association reserves the right to publish any and all entries on the TLA website and in other online or print publications. Only items for which the sender has copyright ownership may be sent, and by submitting items for consideration, the submitter acknowledges that he/she has full copyright authority to assign use rights to TLA.
Format of entries: Entries should include no more than two pages of description. The bulk of the entry should include the actual products and examples of the promotional effort. Supplemental materials may include, but are not limited to, photographs, scrapbooks, audio and visual materials, announcements, and documents. Please note that all audio and visual materials must be submitted in digital form. You may also submit a web link for your entry. No audiotapes or videotapes will be accepted.
Entries, including the cover letter and any materials, must be mailed to the TLA, Attention: Branding Iron Awards, 3355 Bee Cave Rd., Ste. 401, Austin, TX 78746. Entry deadline is February 15.
Judging: The entries will be judged by a panel according to the quality of the final product.
- Public relations campaign: summer reading program, year-long anniversary celebration, fundraising, community partnership, public awareness, etc.
- Advocacy campaign: letters-to-the-editor, guest columns, editorials resulting from editorial board visits, public speeches to internal and external groups, on-site events including elected or appointed officials, etc.
- Special events: one-time special event or promotion, fundraisers, special programming, etc.
- Printed promotions: billboards, bookmobiles, postcards, direct mail promotions, brochures, annual reports, giveaways, etc.
- Digital promotions: online programs, website design/updates, blogs, social media, online fundraising, etc.
- Advertising (print and digital/paid or unpaid): radio, TV, PSA's, website/online, social media, newspaper or magazine, etc.
- Identity campaigns: new logos, brand identity, renaming, rebranding, etc.
- Powered Libraries (Power Up Award): programs, promotions, outreach, and services incorporating the Powered Libraries/Power Up at Your Library campaign
For more information, contact Wendy Woodland, TLA director of communications.
Created on Jun 7, 2010 | Last updated January 12, 2017