- TLA Awards & Scholarships
- Librarian of the Year
- Distinguished Service
- Lifetime Achievement
- Outstanding Services to Libraries
- Wayne Williams Library Project of the Year
- Libraries Change Communities Award
- Benefactor Award
- Branding Iron Awards
- Sam G. Whitten Intellectual Freedom Award
- Demco/Upstart Innovative Programming Award
- Texas Library Champions
- TLA Scholarships
- Unit Awards & Scholarships
- Ashley Bryan Award
- Distinguished Service – School Administrators Award
- Shirley Igo Award
- Media Virtual Presence Award
- Texas Youth Creators Award
- Library Instruction Project of the Year
- Siddie Joe Johnson Award
- Outstanding Service in Library Instruction
- Small Community Librarian Award
- Small Community Library Advocate Award
- Jack Alton Strawn Standing TALL Award
- TASL Library Information School Scholarship
- Young Adult Reading Incentive Award
- Black Caucus
- Children’s Round Table Stipends
- CULD Stipends
- District 3
- District 8
- Jr. Library Guild-Diversity & Inclusion
- Devin Zimmerman- Library Instruction
- Public Libraries
- Small Community-Biblionix
- LIRT Stipend for TALL Texans
- TASL Stipend
- Tocker Foundation
The purpose of this stipend is to encourage participation in TALL Texans and the Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT).
- Must be employed in a full-time position in a Texas Library (you do not need have a MLS in order to apply to TALL Texas Institute).
- Must be accepted to the TALL Texans Leadership Development Institute for the year of application.
- Must agree to become a member of the Library Instruction Round Table, if not already a member.
- Must agree to attend and be recognized at the spring LIRT business meeting.
- Must agree to submit a report and evaluation on your experience at TALL Texans reporting whether it fulfilled your expectations and what you learned that you will be able to use in your library. This report must be written and submitted to the LIRT Chair within 30 days of attendance.
- Must agree to serve on the following year’s selection committee for the stipend.
- Demonstrate an ongoing interest in and involvement with LIRT activities.
- Explain your financial need for this stipend.
The application deadline is July 21. (You must be logged into Google to open the application).
- June 23 – Application form available
- July 21 – Application deadline. A letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor is part of the application.
- August 15 – Notification will be sent to the recipient. Notification will also be sent to the TLA office.
- August 18 – All other applicants notified.
- September – Introduce stipend winners at LIRT Business Meeting in September, or the meeting closest to the November TALL Texans Institute.
- Dec 30 – Stipend winners shall send their Institute Report to the LIRT Chair within 30 days of the TALL Texans Institute.
Application Evaluation Guidelines
- The applicant demonstrates interest in LIRT and LIRT activities.
- Assessment of financial need.
- Assessment of supervisor’s recommendation for stipend.
An attempt will be made over the years to award stipends to applicants from all parts of the state and from all types of libraries.
One-half of the conference stipend ($375) shall be made available to the stipend winner prior to the event and the other portion ($375) to be paid after the report is turned in. While every effort will be made to provide recipients with the amounts requested, LIRT reserves the right to provide partial funding based on the number of applicants for a particular program, event, experience, and/or on budgetary limitations.
- Outline your current job duties or responsibilities, specifically those relating to library instruction. How do you see your TALL Texan Institute experience enhancing your library instruction?
- Share your current level of participation and interest in LIRT activities. How would you use your experience at the TALL Texan Institute to further the goals of LIRT?
- In approximately 200 words or less, state your financial need for this stipend.
For more information please contact Lorely Ambriz.