Make a Difference
Make a lasting contribution to TLA, the library profession, and libraries.
Your Support Makes Our Community Stronger!
Donations help make TLA the go-to source of support,knowledge, and community for Texas librarians and libraries. Your support helps librarians respond to crises, grow in their professional journey and develop leadership skills, curate broad-reaching reading lists and serve their communities. Your contributions support the profession and TLA’s mission to empower library personnel and supporters to develop library excellence for the people of Texas.
TLA relies on the generosity of library supporters to enable us to carry out our mission. A gift of financial support to TLA translates into an enduring legacy that will help keep the flame of libraries and literacy burning bright. We hope you’ll consider supporting the profession and TLA.
Thank you to our FY2021 Donors! (Contributions for FY2021: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021)
These funds support innovative association initiatives and activities, and specific programs.
- Pat Smith Endowment for Excellence Fund: Supports the essential work of the association and its members .
- Christina Woll Fund: Supports a grant to a public or school library for collection development or programming supporting children.
- Disaster Relief Fund: Supports Texas libraries that are impacted by natural disasters such as storms, flooding, etc.
- Glen & Jerre Hetherington Fund: Supports the development of library leaders now and into the future.
- Jeanette & Jim Larson Fund: Supports a grant to a public library to enhance their mystery genre collection
- June Kahler Berry Fund: Provides funds for the Tall Texan leadership Institute.
- Scholarship & Research Fund: Provides funds for scholarships to students who are enrolled in an ALA or CAEP accredited graduate library school program.
- Texas Bluebonnet Award Endowment Fund: Provides funding for Texas Bluebonnet Award program activities, including to bringing students and families to the TLA Annual Conference to attend the TBA luncheon.
- Wayne Williams Fund: Provides an annual cash grant to the recipient of the TLA Wayne Williams Project of the Year Award.
- Whitten Intellectual Freedom Fund: Provides support for activities that increase attention to intellectual freedom.
- Legislative Reserve Fund: Supports grassroots, research and advocacy efforts.
- Donor ($15 – $49)
- Patron ($50 – $99)
- Mentor ($100 – $249)
- Promoter ($250 – $499)
- Guardian ($500 – $749)
- Partner ($750 – $999)
- Pillar ($1000 – $1999)
- Champion ($2000+)
- Luminary Society ($50K+)
Stand Out at TLA 2022!
Raise your company’s profile in the library market and grow your business. A wide range of opportunities are available.
Latest NewsView all News
November Staff Spotlight – Catherine Lapoint
In our new TLA Staff Spotlight series, you will meet a member of our team each month. It’s part of our effort to make sure you know who the TLA staff is, so you’re more familiar with us when you need to contact us. We love to hear from members! Name: Catherine Lapoint Position: Administrative […]Read More
Campaign to Support Diverse Books Is a Viral Sensation
By Michele Chan Santos For the Texas Library Association A social media campaign emphasizing support for diverse books and student access to books, launched by a group of Texas Library Association member librarians, was an astounding success, generating more than 13,000 tweets on Twitter with the hashtag #FReadom on Thursday, November 4. Nationally, it trended […]Read More