TLA institutional membership is a significant investment in your organization's future. With discounts on products and services, the return on your annual membership dues exceed the investment.
Institutional members receive the following benefits:
- Discounts for legal services with Digital Information Legal Specialist, attorney Gretchen McCord.
- Discounted Director’s and Officer’s Insurance
- Access to GrantStation’s extensive searchable database of funding sources and technical resources for the discounted price of $79 per year.
- Ability to utilize purchase orders for all TLA financial transactions.
- Access to the online Members Only Directory, a database of librarians and library supporters in Texas.
- Subscriptions to Texas Library Journal, TLACast, and all association mailings.
In addition to the direct benefits to your library, your institutional dues contribute to a strengthened statewide community of libraries that ensures:
- A persuasive voice for Texas libraries on public policy issues;
- Demonstrated value of libraries and librarians to stakeholder groups;
- Leadership opportunities for staff through information sharing and networking; and
- Mechanisms to highlight and recognize best practices in libraries.
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: December Member Spotlight
Lisa Hernandez, Alternative High School Librarian, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo (PSJA) Elvis J. Ballew College, Career & Technology Academy What inspired you to become a librarian? My husband Smiley inspired me to become a school librarian. During my four years as a teacher, Smiley and I started our family. After having two children (ages sixteen months and […]Read More
2020 Texas Topaz Reading List Announced
The world of nonfiction is our world. Unlike fictional books which may transport us to imagined realms or take us far into the future, nonfiction books seek to bring clarity and share knowledge about the world we live in – its past, its present, its people and the struggles and triumphs they experience. In nonfiction, […]Read More