TLA institutional membership is a significant investment in your organization's future. With discounts on products and services, the return on your annual membership dues exceed the investment.
Institutional members receive the following benefits:
- Discounts for legal services with Digital Information Legal Specialist, attorney Gretchen McCord.
- Discounted Director’s and Officer’s Insurance
- Access to GrantStation’s extensive searchable database of funding sources and technical resources for the discounted price of $79 per year.
- Ability to utilize purchase orders for all TLA financial transactions.
- Access to the online Members Only Directory, a database of librarians and library supporters in Texas.
- Subscriptions to Texas Library Journal, TLACast, and all association mailings.
In addition to the direct benefits to your library, your institutional dues contribute to a strengthened statewide community of libraries that ensures:
- A persuasive voice for Texas libraries on public policy issues;
- Demonstrated value of libraries and librarians to stakeholder groups;
- Leadership opportunities for staff through information sharing and networking; and
- Mechanisms to highlight and recognize best practices in libraries.
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: October Member Spotlight
Yolanda Botello, director of library services, Mansfield Public Library What inspired you to become a librarian? Becoming a librarian was not my lifelong dream, but I am glad my life led me here. Growing up, when I was asked what I wanted to be when I got older, my answer was always “a teacher.” I […]Read More
From Reference Desk to City Council Dais
By Christine Sederquist, Leander City Council, Place 4, Leander, Texas Curling up in a favorite chair with a great book and a cup of coffee with the muffled sounds of doves cooing just outside the window: it’s Heaven, right? I’m willing to bet everyone reading this agrees. That dream plays a large part in how […]Read More