TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: April Member Spotlight
Dennis Quinn Director of Library Services Cozby Library and Community Commons (City of Coppell, TX) What inspired you to become a librarian? Seeing the library as a playground for the mind, and a hub of connection, and the great things that can come from both. I don’t think I fully realized that until […]Read More
Texas Library Association Elects New Executive Board
Congratulations to the winners of our recent election and thank you to all of the candidates. The Texas Library Association is delighted to announce the new members of our executive board, as well as individuals elected to positions in several units which participated in the online election. TLA’s new President-Elect is Daniel Burgard. He is […]Read More