TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
TLA Response to Macmillan eBook Embargo
The Texas Library Association (TLA), with almost 6,000 members from academic, school, special and public libraries, represents one of the largest and most dynamic library markets in the country. On behalf of our members, we call on Macmillan to reverse the library eBook embargo announced in July. This new licensing model, which allows libraries to […]Read More
Libraries Transform Texas Week October 7 – 11
“Libraries transform Texas because they transform our people.” – Mayor Steve Adler, City of Austin Mark your calendars and plan to celebrate the numerous ways libraries transform Texas! During the week of October 7 – 11 all libraries are invited to share how they transform their communities through innovative spaces, programs, education, technology, events, and […]Read More