TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
Why Become a TLA Member?
Work in an academic, public, school or special library? TLA is for you!
- TLA connects you with thousands of librarians and library professionals across Texas.
- TLA is the voice of the library community, promoting the value of libraries and advocating at the local, state and national level.
- TLA supports your career goals, offering opportunities to build leadership skills and discover new interests.
- TLA provides extensive educational and professional development opportunities, virtually and in person.
Want to learn more? This approximately one-minute video takes you on a tour of TLA membership.
- Membership in TLA Engage, our powerful online community. Join in conversation, learn about job openings, connect with your fellow librarians and more.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for all ages.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
Texas Library Association Elects 2023-2024 Executive Board
March 21, 2023
The TLA Executive Board met and verified the results of the election which was conducted via Election Buddy (a secure, third-party election platform) and is confident in the integrity of […]Read More
Between the Lines: March Member Spotlight
March 9, 2023
Cynthia Y. Rodriguez Director of Library Services for Laredo College Harold R. Yeary Library and Senator Judith Zaffirini Library What inspired you to become a librarian? My inspiration to become […]Read More