TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for librarians.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Receive discounted TLA2019 registration and more!
Latest NewsView all News
2019 Lone Star, Maverick, TAYSHAS & Spirit of Texas Lists Announced
The Texas Library Association’s Young Adult Round Table (YART) is pleased to announce the much-anticipated 2019 Lone Star, Maverick, TAYSHAS and Spirit of Texas Reading Lists are now available. Books are selected for the lists by public and school librarians who are members of YART. The Lone Star Reading List encourages students in grades 6 […]Read More
TLA: It’s Not Just for Texans
Stacey B. Rattner is a School Librarian at Castleton Elementary School in Castleton, New York. Stacey has been an active member of TLA since 2017. In this short interview, she describes why she enjoys her TLA membership and why it’s beneficial for out-of-state librarians to join TLA. Being that you are currently in New York, […]Read More