TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
Resolution in Support of Immigrant Children
In response to the immigrant crisis along the Texas border, TLA’s Latino Caucus Round Table presented this resolution in support of immigrant children to TLA Council at Annual Assembly where it was adopted. WHEREAS, The Texas Library Association is committed to supporting libraries role as an advocate of social responsibility and the public good; WHEREAS, […]Read More
TLA Welcomes New Interim Executive Director
The Texas Library Association (TLA) is pleased to announce that Joe Dahlstrom will serve as interim executive director while the search for a new executive director takes place. His first day is Monday, June 24, 2019. Dahlstrom, who joined TLA in 1973, has been an extremely active member, serving as TLA President from 1987 – […]Read More