TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: October Member Spotlight
Ana Frade International Services Engagement and Outreach Coordinator Houston Public Library What inspired you to become a librarian? Libraries have always been a source of fascination for me. I am an avid reader: Reading has been an essential part of my personal growth and has accompanied me through different stages of my life. I believe in the power of reading and education to open […]Read More
Election Information You Need
Librarians, The Texas Library Association encourages you to share this information from The League of Women Voters with your library patrons, students and community. Register to vote and check your voter registration status at Vote411.org. Online Voters Guide The Voters Guide is available online at Vote411.org. Voters can enter their address and zip code to view […]Read More