TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
Why Join TLA?
In this video, TLA President Dan Burgard and TLA Past President Christina Gola talk about how TLA connects them to the “heart of our profession” and keeps them energized by being part of a librarian community.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: October Member Spotlight
Maggie Hernandez School Librarian Antonian College Preparatory High School, San Antonio What inspired you to become a librarian? Reflecting on my more than 30 years working in many capacities as a professional librarian with an MLIS in Academic Librarianship and as a Texas Certified School Librarian, as well as a Certified Educator by several Edtech […]Read More
The Living Library – A Libraries Transform Texas Story
This week (October 4 – 8) is Libraries Transform Texas Week and we are celebrating librarians’ stories and how they are transforming lives and their communities. Share your story! Growing up, I viewed the school or public library as a refuge and a place to get lost for hours as I immersed myself in other […]Read More