TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: August Member Spotlight
We are delighted to have a husband-and-wife librarian couple, Carrye and Jake Syma, as our first joint TLA Member Spotlight. Carrye Syma, Associate Librarian and Assistant Academic Dean of Libraries, Texas Tech University Libraries Jake Syma, Associate Librarian for Rawls College of Business & Department of Economics, Texas Tech University Libraries What inspired you […]Read More
August 4 Summer of Learning Live Event Brings Successful Series to a Close
The last live date of the TLA 2020 Virtual Summer of Learning closed this series on a high note, with appearances from authors Tami Charles, Brian Jay Jones, Marie Lu and Diane Cardwell, as well as the presentation of the 2020 Texas Bluebonnet Award. Thanks to the volunteers, speakers, organizers and participants, Summer of Learning […]Read More