Expand your network. Embrace innovation. Elevate your librarian game.
Why Become a TLA Member?
Every day, you strive to become a transformative force in your library, longing to find resources and networking opportunities in your journey. But the ever-evolving library landscape in Texas, work demands and stress keep getting in your way, stirring up feelings of being overwhelmed.
What if we told you there’s a better way? You see, the Texas Library Association truly believes that libraries are not just about books but about building community connections. We can relate to your feelings of isolation and have built our reputation on providing a platform for professional growth.
Let’s embark on this adventure together. As part of TLA, you can:
- Connect & Engage – Our events facilitate professional networking among members
- Educate & Elevate – TLA provides valuable resources for continuous learning
- Advocate & Celebrate – We continually promote the importance of libraries in our communities
Are you ready to take the leap?
It’s time to embrace your new path to professional growth and community enrichment.
Check out these short videos, below, for step-by-step directions on registration and membership in our new system:
- How to join TLA for 2024 or renew your membership (2024 membership valid until Dec. 31, 2024)
- How to join/renew membership and register for the TLA 2024 Annual Conference
- How to register for TLA 2024 Annual Conference
For All Library Types: Work in an academic, public, school or special library? TLA is for you!
Interested? Learn more about our Member Benefits:
- Membership in TLA Engage, our powerful online community. Join in conversation, learn about job openings, connect with your fellow librarians and more.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for library professionals.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for all ages.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Latest NewsView all News
Let Freedom Read! Two special podcast episodes for #BannedBooksWeek
This week, in honor of Banned Books Week 2023, TLA is delighted to present two special podcast episodes. Jeannette Davies of the San Antonio Public Library interviews Leila Green Little […]Read More
TLA staff member recognized with Rising Lone Star Award at TSAE Annual Conference
Christy Reynolds, the Membership Engagement Manager at the Texas Library Association, was recognized with a Rising Lone Star Award at the Texas Society of Association Executives’ 2023 “New Ideas” Annual […]Read More