TLA exists to serve libraries and librarians in Texas. In fulfilling its mission, TLA also benefits the people of Texas.
- Advocacy to communicate the value of libraries and librarians, to improve library funding, and to influence public policy about library-related issues.
- Liability insurance for librarians.
- Awards to recognize excellence in the profession, scholarships to promote library careers, and grants to nurture quality library programming.
- Communication and networking through TLA publications, CE events, and Distribution Lists for members and units of TLA.
- Continuing education opportunities and stipends for attending annual conference.
- Discounts on annual conference and other CE events.
- Employment assistance through Jobline, an online service that connects employers and jobseekers; and the Placement Center at annual conference.
- Intellectual Freedom materials and assistance.
- Access to an online Buyer’s Guide for library-related products and services.
- Professional support that includes leadership training, continuing education opportunities, liability insurance for librarians, and advocacy to promote fair salaries.
- Public relations products to promote libraries and reading.
- Reading lists for tots through teens.
- Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund to assist libraries devastated by floods, fires, and other calamities.
- Standards and guidelines for school and public libraries to ensure quality service for library users.
Join or Renew Your TLA Membership!
Receive discounted TLA2019 registration and more!
Latest NewsView all News
Presentation Opportunities at TLA2019
While the TLA2019 education program of more than 300 education sessions, is final, there are still many opportunities to share your knowledge and passion with the more than 7,000 attendees expected at TLA2019! Battledecks! In this competition, brave souls stand before an audience and present timed talks on a set of never-before-seen slides. Contestants are […]Read More
Chips and Queso. Bert and Ernie. Teachers and librarians.
Some things are just better together. Do you know a classroom teacher who would enjoy the TLA Annual Conference? Our annual conference – made up of books, authors, technology integration, makerspaces, curriculum connections, and supportive librarians – may very well be the stuff of teachers’ dreams. They would unquestionably have to experience it to believe […]Read More