What You Need to Know About… TLA Awards
“What You Need to Know” is a monthly feature from TLA which highlights important information about upcoming events or explains an aspect of TLA membership.
- Each year, TLA recognizes deserving librarians and library programs with a variety of awards. From the Librarian of the Year, Distinguished Service and Lifetime Achievement Awards to Wayne Williams Library Project of the Year and more, the annual TLA Awards are a wonderful way in which volunteerism and excellent work are celebrated.
- You can nominate a librarian or library program. Nominations are open now. Any TLA member may submit a nomination. Deadline is January 31.
- Awards are presented at the TLA Annual Conference.
- Learn all about the different awards Curious about last year’s winners? You can read about them here (page 30 and onward.)
- Here’s the nomination form. You will need to submit a separate form for each award nomination. We encourage you to nominate!
Contact Christy Reynolds, Membership Coordinator, at email@example.com