Texas Library Connection
The Texas Library Connection (TLC) listserv is open to anyone interested in joining. Participants do not have to be TLA members, there is no charge to join.
The purpose of the Texas Library Connection (TLC) list is to enable a professional discussion among school librarians and interested individuals throughout the state. The topics of the list relate strictly to school library matters. The TLC list continues the same professional standards established under the list’s first administrator, the Texas Education Agency; anyone engaging in inappropriate discussions or spamming will be banned from the list.
Instructions for joining, leaving, and posting to the list
- To POST a message, please subscribe using the SUBSCRIBE form below, then send your email to email@example.com. Messages will be posted to the list immediately upon being sent.
- To SUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address as well as your first and last name below, then press “subscribe.”
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter the e-mail address with which you are currently subscribed to TLC.
Setting list preferences
* To set your account to digest mode: set tlc digest
* To suspend mail from the list temporarily: set tlc nomail
* To resume mail from the list (command depends on your preferred mode): set tlc mail or set tlc digest
* To receive acknowledgement when your posts are distributed: set tlc ack
* To get no confirmation message when posts are distributed: set tlc noack
* To receive copies of your own posts: set tlc repro
* To not receive copies of your own posts: set tlc norepro
Viewing list archives
To view the TLC message archive, please visit: http://lyris.txla.org/read/?forum=tlc
Latest NewsView all News
July Summer of Learning Event Focused on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The TLA 2020 Virtual Summer of Learning live event on July 7 began with a heartfelt and honest opening address by Charlotte Moore, Executive Director of the Black Bodies Project. “I want you to listen with your heart,” she told virtual attendees in her live address. Moore is a print and television news journalist, filmmaker, […]Read More
Between the Lines: July Member Spotlight
Elizabeth Hollenbeck Librarian III-Outreach and Instruction South Texas College Library in McAllen, Texas What inspired you to become a librarian? In my past career, I was relatively successful but I didn’t feel that passion. I was stuck in that proverbial rut. What I really wanted to do was make a larger impact on society, […]Read More