Texas Library Connection
The Texas Library Connection (TLC) listserv is open to anyone interested in joining. Participants do not have to be TLA members, there is no charge to join.
The purpose of the Texas Library Connection (TLC) list is to enable a professional discussion among school librarians and interested individuals throughout the state. The topics of the list relate strictly to school library matters. The TLC list continues the same professional standards established under the list’s first administrator, the Texas Education Agency; anyone engaging in inappropriate discussions or spamming will be banned from the list.
Instructions for joining, leaving, and posting to the list
- To POST a message, please subscribe using the SUBSCRIBE form below, then send your email to email@example.com. Messages will be posted to the list immediately upon being sent.
- To SUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address as well as your first and last name below, then press “subscribe.”
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter the e-mail address with which you are currently subscribed to TLC.
Setting list preferences
* To set your account to digest mode: set tlc digest
* To suspend mail from the list temporarily: set tlc nomail
* To resume mail from the list (command depends on your preferred mode): set tlc mail or set tlc digest
* To receive acknowledgement when your posts are distributed: set tlc ack
* To get no confirmation message when posts are distributed: set tlc noack
* To receive copies of your own posts: set tlc repro
* To not receive copies of your own posts: set tlc norepro
Viewing list archives
To view the TLC message archive, please visit: http://lyris.txla.org/read/?forum=tlc
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: October Member Spotlight
Yolanda Botello, director of library services, Mansfield Public Library What inspired you to become a librarian? Becoming a librarian was not my lifelong dream, but I am glad my life led me here. Growing up, when I was asked what I wanted to be when I got older, my answer was always “a teacher.” I […]Read More
From Reference Desk to City Council Dais
By Christine Sederquist, Leander City Council, Place 4, Leander, Texas Curling up in a favorite chair with a great book and a cup of coffee with the muffled sounds of doves cooing just outside the window: it’s Heaven, right? I’m willing to bet everyone reading this agrees. That dream plays a large part in how […]Read More