Texas Library Connection
The Texas Library Connection (TLC) listserv is open to anyone interested in joining. Participants do not have to be TLA members, there is no charge to join.
The purpose of the Texas Library Connection (TLC) list is to enable a professional discussion among school librarians and interested individuals throughout the state. The topics of the list relate strictly to school library matters. The TLC list continues the same professional standards established under the list’s first administrator, the Texas Education Agency; anyone engaging in inappropriate discussions or spamming will be banned from the list.
Instructions for joining, leaving, and posting to the list
- To POST a message, please subscribe using the SUBSCRIBE form below, then send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Messages will be posted to the list immediately upon being sent.
- To SUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address as well as your first and last name below, then press “subscribe.”
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter the e-mail address with which you are currently subscribed to TLC.
Setting list preferences
* To set your account to digest mode: set tlc digest
* To suspend mail from the list temporarily: set tlc nomail
* To resume mail from the list (command depends on your preferred mode): set tlc mail or set tlc digest
* To receive acknowledgement when your posts are distributed: set tlc ack
* To get no confirmation message when posts are distributed: set tlc noack
* To receive copies of your own posts: set tlc repro
* To not receive copies of your own posts: set tlc norepro
Viewing list archives
To view the TLC message archive, please visit: http://lyris.txla.org/read/?forum=tlc
Latest NewsView all News
Between the Lines: December Member Spotlight
Lisa Hernandez, Alternative High School Librarian, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo (PSJA) Elvis J. Ballew College, Career & Technology Academy What inspired you to become a librarian? My husband Smiley inspired me to become a school librarian. During my four years as a teacher, Smiley and I started our family. After having two children (ages sixteen months and […]Read More
2020 Texas Topaz Reading List Announced
The world of nonfiction is our world. Unlike fictional books which may transport us to imagined realms or take us far into the future, nonfiction books seek to bring clarity and share knowledge about the world we live in – its past, its present, its people and the struggles and triumphs they experience. In nonfiction, […]Read More