Texas Library Connection
The Texas Library Connection (TLC) listserv is open to anyone interested in joining. Participants do not have to be TLA members, there is no charge to join.
The purpose of the Texas Library Connection (TLC) list is to enable a professional discussion among school librarians and interested individuals throughout the state. The topics of the list relate strictly to school library matters. The TLC list continues the same professional standards established under the list’s first administrator, the Texas Education Agency; anyone engaging in inappropriate discussions or spamming will be banned from the list.
Instructions for joining, leaving, and posting to the list
- To POST a message, please subscribe using the SUBSCRIBE form below, then send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Messages will be posted to the list immediately upon being sent.
- To SUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address as well as your first and last name below, then press “subscribe.”
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter the e-mail address with which you are currently subscribed to TLC.
Setting list preferences
* To set your account to digest mode: set tlc digest
* To suspend mail from the list temporarily: set tlc nomail
* To resume mail from the list (command depends on your preferred mode): set tlc mail or set tlc digest
* To receive acknowledgement when your posts are distributed: set tlc ack
* To get no confirmation message when posts are distributed: set tlc noack
* To receive copies of your own posts: set tlc repro
* To not receive copies of your own posts: set tlc norepro
Viewing list archives
To view the TLC message archive, please visit: http://lyris.txla.org/read/?forum=tlc
Latest NewsView all News
Special Session #1: The Texas Legislature is Back
The first special session of the 87th Texas Legislature opened Thursday, July 8 and may last up to 30 days. Issues to be considered are limited to those set by Governor Greg Abbott in his proclamation calling the special session. Governor Abbott prioritized 11 issues including election and voter registration reform, bail system reform, protecting […]Read More
Between the Lines: July Member Spotlight
Donald Cummings, Librarian Lady Bird Johnson Middle School Irving ISD What inspired you to become a librarian? I have loved reading and libraries ever since I was a kid. I grew up in Conroe, and I was always at the local branch of the Montgomery County Library. I loved getting lost in those rows […]Read More