Texas Library Connection
The Texas Library Connection (TLC) listserv is open to anyone interested in joining. Participants do not have to be TLA members, there is no charge to join.
The purpose of the Texas Library Connection (TLC) list is to enable a professional discussion among school librarians and interested individuals throughout the state. The topics of the list relate strictly to school library matters. The TLC list continues the same professional standards established under the list’s first administrator, the Texas Education Agency; anyone engaging in inappropriate discussions or spamming will be banned from the list.
Instructions for joining, leaving, and posting to the list
- To POST a message, please subscribe using the SUBSCRIBE form below, then send your email to email@example.com. Messages will be posted to the list immediately upon being sent.
- To SUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address as well as your first and last name below, then press “subscribe.”
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter the e-mail address with which you are currently subscribed to TLC.
Setting list preferences
* To set your account to digest mode: set tlc digest
* To suspend mail from the list temporarily: set tlc nomail
* To resume mail from the list (command depends on your preferred mode): set tlc mail or set tlc digest
* To receive acknowledgement when your posts are distributed: set tlc ack
* To get no confirmation message when posts are distributed: set tlc noack
* To receive copies of your own posts: set tlc repro
* To not receive copies of your own posts: set tlc norepro
Viewing list archives
To view the TLC message archive, please visit: http://lyris.txla.org/read/?forum=tlc
Latest NewsView all News
Libraries Transform Texas Week October 7 – 11
“Libraries transform Texas because they transform our people.” – Mayor Steve Adler, City of Austin Mark your calendars and plan to celebrate the numerous ways libraries transform Texas! During the week of October 7 – 11 all libraries are invited to share how they transform their communities through innovative spaces, programs, education, technology, events, and […]Read More
Resolution in Support of Immigrant Children
In response to the immigrant crisis along the Texas border, TLA’s Latino Caucus Round Table presented this resolution in support of immigrant children to TLA Council at Annual Assembly where it was adopted. WHEREAS, The Texas Library Association is committed to supporting libraries role as an advocate of social responsibility and the public good; WHEREAS, […]Read More