Texas Library Connection
The Texas Library Connection (TLC) listserv is open to anyone interested in joining. Participants do not have to be TLA members, there is no charge to join.
The purpose of the Texas Library Connection (TLC) list is to enable a professional discussion among school librarians and interested individuals throughout the state. The topics of the list relate strictly to school library matters. The TLC list continues the same professional standards established under the list’s first administrator, the Texas Education Agency; anyone engaging in inappropriate discussions or spamming will be banned from the list.
Instructions for joining, leaving, and posting to the list
- To POST a message, please subscribe using the SUBSCRIBE form below, then send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Messages will be posted to the list immediately upon being sent.
- To SUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address as well as your first and last name below, then press “subscribe.”
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter the e-mail address with which you are currently subscribed to TLC.
Setting list preferences
* To set your account to digest mode: set tlc digest
* To suspend mail from the list temporarily: set tlc nomail
* To resume mail from the list (command depends on your preferred mode): set tlc mail or set tlc digest
* To receive acknowledgement when your posts are distributed: set tlc ack
* To get no confirmation message when posts are distributed: set tlc noack
* To receive copies of your own posts: set tlc repro
* To not receive copies of your own posts: set tlc norepro
Viewing list archives
To view the TLC message archive, please visit: http://lyris.txla.org/read/?forum=tlc
Latest NewsView all News
87th Texas Legislature Opens
It promises to be a memorable session, as the Legislature grapples with how to meet during a pandemic and tackles redistricting in addition to the budget and other issues. On January 11, the Texas Comptroller released the biennial revenue estimate which sets the amount that can be spent in the new biennial budget, and the […]Read More
Between the Lines: January Member Spotlight
Mary Seaman, Director Bertam Public Library What inspired you to become a librarian? I became a librarian mainly because I love books, but I became a director because of the community. I realized that I loved being able to share a passion of mine with others. There is something so great about a patron coming […]Read More