- Round Tables
- Acquisitions & Collection Development Round Table
- Archives, Genealogy, Local History Round Table
- Black Caucus Round Table
- Cataloging & Metadata Round Table
- Children’s Round Table
- Copyright Access Round Table
- Digital Libraries Round Table
- Electronic Resources Serials Management Round Table
- Exhibitors Round Table
- Government Documents Round Table
- Innovation and Technology Round Table
- Interlibrary Loan Resource Sharing Round Table
- Latino Caucus Round Table
- Library Friends Trustees Advocates Round Table
- Library Instruction Round Table
- Library Support Staff Round Table
- New Members Round Table
- Programming for Adults Round Table
- Queers and Allies Round Table
- Reference Information Services Round Table
- Retired Librarians Round Table
- Small Community Libraries Round Table
- Storytelling Round Table
- Supervision Management Administration Round Table
- TALL Texans Round Table
- Texas Authors and Illustrators Round Table
- Young Adult Round Table
- Discussion Groups
- Texas Council of Academic Libraries
| Officers | Meeting Minutes | Operating Procedures | Events |
Welcome to District 5!
Our district’s membership includes librarians, staff, trustees, full-time library students, and other interested individuals representing school, public, academic, and special libraries. We are located in Northeast Texas.
District 5 is made up of passionate, clever, innovative, and ambitious people, and TLA is here to celebrate and support them. For some of our recent District 5 projects, take a look at our YouTube channel and our Facebook page.
We also hold meet-ups most months, which are fun networking/social meetings at restaurants in the district. We have district business meetings yearly at TLA Annual Conference, TLA Annual Assembly, and our District 5 Fall Conference. For more information about joining or participating in district activities, email the District Chair.
If you would like to volunteer with TLA, please fill out this form: Volunteer
District 5 includes 33 Texas counties:
Anderson, Bowie, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Delta, Ellis, Fannin, Franklin, Grayson, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Lamar, Marion, Morris, Navarro, Panola, Rains, Red River, Rockwall, Rusk, Smith, Titus, Upshur, Van Zandt, and Wood.
District 5 Events
District 5 meets at Annual Conference in the spring, Annual Assembly in the summer, and at Fall Meeting (in the fall). We also hold quarterly-ish informal networking meet-ups. See our Facebook page for updates! For past events, click here. For the TLA events calendar, click here.
Our operating procedures outline the officer positions in the district and the officer’s duties, as well as election procedures, and nominating committee procedures.
District 5 Operating Procedures
2019-2020 District 5 Officers
Click below for District 5 officers and contact information
Would you like to stay up-to-date about what’s going on in District 5? Click the links below to review the Minutes from the District 5 Executive Board Meetings. If you have any questions or would like to know more about how you can attend and/or participate in District 5 events, please contact District 5 Chair.
- Texas Library Association District 5 Annual Conference Business Meeting on April 17, 2019
- Texas Library Association District 5 Fall Business Meeting on October 15, 2018
- Meeting handouts: Agenda
- Texas Library Association Annual Assembly Business Meeting on July 11, 2018
- Texas Library Association Annual Conference Business Meeting on April 4, 2018
- Texas Library Association Annual Assembly Business Meeting on July 8, 2017
- Texas Library Association Annual Conference Business Meeting on April 21, 2017
- Meeting handout: Financial Talking Points
For minutes previous to 2017, please contact the District 5 Webmaster.
Great benefits for TLA Institutional members!
POs accepted for TLA2019 registration, discounted pricing for Grant Station, NonProfit Liability Insurance, and more.