Supports new librarians in the profession and acquaints them with TLA.
- Acquisitions & Collection Development Round Table
- Archives, Genealogy, Local History Round Table
- Automation Technology Round Table
- Black Caucus Round Table
- Cataloging & Metadata Round Table
- Children’s Round Table
- Copyright Access Round Table
- Digital Libraries Round Table
- Electronic Resources Serials Management Round Table
- Exhibitors Round Table
- Government Documents Round Table
- Interlibrary Loan Resource Sharing Round Table
- Latino Caucus Round Table
- Library Friends Trustees Advocates Round Table
- Library Instruction Round Table
- Library Support Staff Round Table
- New Members Round Table
- Programming for Adults Round Table
- Queers and Allies Round Table
- Reference Information Services Round Table
- Retired Librarians Round Table
- Small Community Libraries Round Table
- Storytelling Round Table
- Supervision Management Administration Round Table
- TALL Texans Round Table
- Texas Authors and Illustrators Round Table
- Young Adult Round Table
Welcome to the New Members Round Table (NMRT)! If you are new to the library profession or new to TLA, we are the place for you! Begin your journey in New Members Round Table, which provides a place for members to learn about TLA’s structure, function, and benefits. NMRT is the ideal place to begin building your professional network, as well as develop your leadership potential by serving on NMRT committees.
The objectives and purpose of NMRT are:
- To bring together new librarians for orientation to the scope and potentialities of the profession,
- To acquaint them with the structure and purpose of TLA, and
- To promote a greater feeling of responsibility among the newer members of TLA for the development of library service and librarianship in Texas.
Stay Up-To-Date with NMRT and join our Facebook group.
To stay informed about what is happening in TLA and especially the New Members Round Table, see the instructions below on how to join our distribution list.
1) Sign-in to your TLA account.
2) Click on Member Distribution Lists in the middle column.
3) Distribution lists are in alphabetical order. Navigate to nmrt and hit Subscribe on the right. You may need to select “Show More” or scroll down to find nmrt.
Chad Hetterley, Chair
Jen Ortiz, Chair-Elect
Pauline Stacchini, Past-Chair
Maren Metzner, Secretary-Treasurer
Kersten Hunt, Councilor
Teresa Lopez, Alternate Councilor
Alissa Tudor, Newsletter Editor
Natalie McAdams, Webmaster
The TLA NMRT Mentor Program is designed to assist new members in learning more about TLA help them grow professionally, by providing the opportunity for new members to be partnered with seasoned TLA members who share their professional experience.The program is open to:
- New librarians in the first five years of their professional career
- Library school students
- TLA members in the first 5 years of association membership
- NMRT members
Membership in TLA and NMRT membership is required. Conference attendance is not required. Mentor/mentee partnerships will officially run from September to April.
Mentors and mentees will be partnered based on their similar interests, professional experience or goals. The availability of mentors and mentees and the information provided on the applications will determine the partnerships made.
Application information to be announced.
New Members Round Table Operating ProceduresDownload
Great benefits for TLA Institutional members!
POs accepted for TLA2019 registration, discounted pricing for Grant Station, NonProfit Liability Insurance, and more.