- Reading Lists
- Intellectual Freedom
- Report Censorship
- Intellectual Freedom Helpline
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Academic Libraries
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Display & Program Challenges
- Right to Read Talking Points
- Library Advocates, Friends, Trustees
- Allied Organizations
- Laws & Court Cases
- Statements Supporting the Freedom to Read
- Intellectual Freedom Terms & Definitions
- TLA Intellectual Freedom Committee
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Resources
- Libraries Transform Texas
- Retention & Recruitment
- TLA Officer Resources
- Public Relations
The purpose of the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Standing Committee is to promote the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion standards of the Texas Library Association.
Maurise Guillen Fagan
Fatemeh Kholoosi Raftar
Nancy Jo Lambert
The primary charge of the committee is to create, guide, and recommend structures and policies to help meet the Texas Library Association’s Strategic Plan for equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee shall:
- Work with designated TLA staff, TLA Units, and the Conference Program Committee to promote awareness and develop training and educational programs on topics relating to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness throughout the year and as a track at the annual conference.
- Monitor the progress of equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives across the Texas Library Association through climate surveys and other feedback models, in line with the equity, diversity, and inclusion priorities outlined in the TLA Executive Board’s Strategic Plan.